"Every child has the right to rest and leisure, to engage in play and recreational activities."
- Article 31, Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Program 31 is an initiative to promote children’s right according to the Convention on the Rights of the Child in general, and its 31st article in particular.
Program 31 shall inspire children to:
• Activate themselves and to engage in spontaneous play
• Be a good friend and to treat their peers as they want to be
• Stay away from tobacco, alcohol and drugs
• Use their curiosity and to try new activities, physical, cultural or educational
• Take advantage of the opportunity to study and to get an education
• Appreciate differences and diversity in sports, games, school and the social life
• Demand from the adult society and the world that children shall have the right to remain children and that the Convention of the right of the child shall be respected
A Program 31 activity, like the activities under Team 31, has the purpose of promoting the 31st article of the Convention on the right of the child and to lower the thresholds for children to activate themselves by:
• always being free of charge for participating children
• allowing for all children shall be able to participate, without any regards to previous
knowledge, gender, financial means etc.
• being relevant and appropriate for children (age/length restrictions may apply)
• having an adult with appropriate knowledge and education supervising the activities
• being free from competition and collaboration is encouraged
• having activities that are free from commercial trademarks and/or messages
Your Right to Play Matters!
While it may not seem like it, the children’s right to play is as fundamental as any other right in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Being able to relax and unwind in the way they want to is vital to a child's health and happiness, and to making sure that children are as fulfilled as they can be. That is why we have set up Program 31.
The first team
Jenny Rissveds and her MTB team, Team 31, is the first official initative under Program 31. Jenny's devotion for and dedication to childrens' rights are immaculate and she hope not only to inspire children, but also to inspire other role-models to follow her lead.